Work continues on the new County Library at 48th Street and Central Avenue
The 32nd Street access ramp on the Promenade will be smooth and safe when completed.
Another view of 32nd Street access ramp is shown above.
Foundation work begins at our new Marina Services Building, adjacent to the Sea Isle Bridge.
City workers are shown accessing the underground water lines near the 85th Street bathroom & lifeguard station.
Another view of the 85th Street Bathroom and Lifeguard Station is shown above.
Sea Isle City’s new band shell is taking shape at Excursion Park.
Work continues on the new Beach Pavilion at JFK Boulevard.
DID YOU KNOW…
• Due to the Lincoln’s Birthday Holiday, City Hall and all other municipal buildings will be closed on Friday, February 11.
• 2011 Polar Bear Plunge Weekend is February 18-20. This year’s official plunge site is the 40th Street Beach at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 19. Other activities include the Polar Bear Prince & Princess (ages 10-16) and King & Queen Contests on Friday night, a costume contest on Saturday, a 5K Run/1M Walk for Autism on Sunday, and vendors selling items all weekend. For additional information visit www.seaislecitynj.us or phone 263-3756.
• A FREE Trolley Service is available for The Polar Bear Plunge, courtesy of Sea Isle Revitalization. Trolleys will run along Landis Avenue (29th to 93rd Street) and also along Park Road, 10am to8pm, Saturday, February 19.
• Sea Isle City has another published author living in town: Former SIC Publicist Dr. Irene Jameson has penned Memoirs of a Polar Bear Queen, which she will sell during this year’s Polar Bear Plunge to raise funds for children with Autism. Info: 263-2968.
• The Strathmere Ensemble will perform a special winter concert on Sunday, February 20, 4 p.m., SIC United Methodist Church, JFK and Park Road. Admission is free, however donations will be accepted. Info: 263-6185.
• Due to the President’s Day Holiday, City Hall and all other municipal buildings will be closed on Monday, February 21. PLEASE NOTE: There will be no curbside trash collection on February 21. All trash collections that week will be moved up one day, therefore if your collection day is Monday your trash will be collected on Tuesday (Tuesday’s trash will collected on Wednesday, etc.) Also, the Trash & Recycling Yard adjacent to the Sea Isle Bridge will be open on Sunday, February 20, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however the yard will be closed on Monday, February 21.
• Our next regular City Council meeting is Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. on the second floor of the Public Safety Building, 233 JFK Boulevard. At this meeting, the Administration will present a detailed analysis of our trash and recycling collection operations, with information on the cost of these services.
Contact Ian Lazarus
The Landis Co., Realtors
6000 Landis Avenue
Sea Isle City, Nj 08243